Nokia Care Suite 5.0
Friska Flasher Blog
New features in the Care Suite 5.0
- Support for new products: RM-808, RM-823
- Full feature set enabled for RM-761, RM-762, RM-763, RM781, RM-799, RM-800, RM-813
- Recovery instructions with device specific pictures added for RM-803, RM-809 and RM-817
Changes & Error corrections from previous version
- Phone Information reading failure corrected for Lumia series devices
- When servicing Nokia Windows Phones / Lumia Series devices Microsoft Zune installation is not required anymore
- Automatic Application Update is not supported
- Multi SW Updater has been disabled
- Uninstall previous version (2011.50.2) manually before installing this version
- Online download functions have been disabled. Please use the Nokia Data Package Manager Tool (SR1774) for downloading product SW files from The Nokia FiRe
- Only the new Common Data Package Location (SR1315) is supported by default. If you need to use other Data Package Locations, they need to be added to the preferences manually
- Do not use Care Suite 4.0 and 5.0 simultaneously. They can be installed on the same PC and launched from the Nokia Application Launcher but not run at the same time.
- If it seems that all features are not available on the left hand side of the screen, please click the small arrow next to the list. More features will be shown. This may happen if your screen is not maximized.
- Lumia / Windows phones will reboot when they are disconnected – please wait for the phone to restart
- Installation of FUSE drivers may take a long time. Therefore it is recommended that the Windows Automatic Driver Installation is disabled from the Control panel. Please go to Windows Control Panel -> System ->Advanced System Settings ->Hardware ->Device Installation Settings and select “Never install driver software from Windows Update”
- PC must be connected to network, meaning that Ethernet cable must be connected to PC and connection needs to be cofigured to work properly. PC must be able to connect to for example internal network, but it is not necessary that PC has an online connection to Internet.
Instructions for installation & use
- User guide document and elearning material for Care Suite are downloadable from Nokia Online (NOL). Please check the availability of documentation from your local NOL ([عزيزي الزائر / العضو لا يمكنك مشاهدة الرابط قبل الرد اضغط هنا للتسجيل ])
- Care Suite 5.0 can be installed on the PC with all current Service Software versions which use the FUSE connection manager, but not run simultaneously with Care Suite 4.0.
- Before you start Phoenix or Care Suite installation to Windows 7 the User Account Control (UAC) should be turned off from Windows Control Panel settings.
- Please make sure that you have all the latest Windows updates installed.
- Care Suite installation and use does not require that a dongle (PK-1, PKD-1 or FLS-5) is connected to PC. FLS-5 is only used for FBUS communication to phones which do not support direct USB connection
Known errors & limitations
- Start Care Suite PST 5.0 first, then connect Lumia Series Devices. Do not start PST 5.0 with Lumia Devices already connected. This may result in device detection / phone information reading failure. If this happens, you need to change the device to a new USB port, device detection and information reading will fail if device is connected to the same connection.
- FLS-5 Drivers included in the installation package do not support 64-bit WIndows operating systems. Therefore Care Suite PST can not be used for servicing phones which use FLS-5 (USB_FBUS) connection.
- Please do not use diacritical signs when selecting installation path for NCS, especially on Windows XP
- When performing “Recovery” to RM-763, Product Support Tool may crash after operation has been successfully completed. This will not harm the product if it can be started normally.
- Recovery or Refurbishment Flashing for Lumia Series Devices may fail on first atempt. Please try again, it works the second time around
- Multi IMEI Reader fails on a clean PC with new Operating System. Workaround: Connect a Nokia Device to PC and select “Mass Storage Mode” from device UI. Once the first connection in Mass Storage Mode works, problem will not occur anymore.
- Multi SW Updater has been disabled
- Automatic Application Update has been disabled
- Pictures will disappear during Series 40 device SW Update. This is related to product specific data package configuration
- Occasional Refurbishment failure may occur for Lumia series devices on PC´s running Windows XP operting system. This happens because the driver installation on Win XP takes linger than it should. When driver installation exceeds the 30 second timeout, Lumia device gioves a timeout. As a workarouns, please use the NokiaUsbRegTool.
Download NokiaUsbRegTool.ZIP to your PC
When Nokia USB Reg Tool UI opens:
Set “UI Device Type / Device PID” to 05EE (for Nokia OSBL)
In “Run Options” select “Enable SN ignoring”
Exit and reconnect Lumia device
Download Here Nokia USB Reg Tool